That’s me up there, the small figure in the background, lost behind my son Jesse. Always taking up my space he is….
Hello! Welcome to my world. My name is Claudia Rose Carter, and I’m so honoured to be able to call myself a photographer.
It’s so important to me that we ‘connect’. My intention in approaching your day is to document it from the inside out; to really immerse myself among your friends and family as though we all feel we’ve known each other for years. My experience is that it relaxes people immediately to the camera and I can get in and ensure I photograph the day as you’ve seen me do before on other galleries you will have seen.
Some things that I love:
– thought out tattoos (I have T & L on either wrist, a harry potter quote right next to my wrist bone, a lyre (greek mythology/nick cave reference) with a rose (middle name reference!) on my lower right arm, a traditional gypsy girl with flower/thorn crown on my upper right arm, a pirate ship and octopus on my right thigh and four quirky arrows on my left arm
– johnny cash, june carter, jerry lee lewis, mungo jerry, stevie wonder, tina turner, aretha franklin, seasick steve, sia, elvis, david bowie, biffy clyro…. the list goes on. music in general
– curling up in front of a log fire and getting those smoke fumes caught in every fibre of clothing that you wear
– photography. in all mediums and forms and manner. maybe this should be first!?
– family and friends. no, this should definitely be first…
– fitness and healthy eating. it’s taken me 10 years since my final years as a teenager to sort out my attitudes to what I fuel myself with and I’m happy to say that I own a nutribullet and use it all of the time. not just for chocolate milkshakes.
– tom hardy.