Hey! I’m Claudia, and I call Kenilworth in Warwickshire my home.
The best way that I can describe it is saying that it will be as though you have just another close friend with you; one that happens to have a camera.
That’s the feedback that I have received the most over the last nine years of this journey. I’ve been so lucky to be part of over 250 wedding days and I can genuinely say, in the day dreams about my own wedding guest list, that so many of those people would have a seat at a table.
I’ve travelled the world with them, laughed with them, hugged them at multiple times during the day, discussed breathing methods when the nerves kick in, helped do up their dress or attach buttonholes. I’ve cried with them, taken shots with them, worked with them again when the next stage of their lives begin and the babies start appearing.
Every single wedding is a new story for me. Every single couple is different, and requires a new fresh way of ‘seeing’. Every mother or father of the bride has a different opinion about the group photographs and honestly, that’s just a small portion of the day that we should aim to get right. It’s important for me to recognise every single person that is part of your life and I leave my house every morning with the intention that this’ll be the best one yet.
This isn’t just my job. It’s my art. It’s my oxygen. It’s hard work, long hours, can be socially exhausting. And it’s magical and exhilarating and love is freaking incredible.
Most importantly? We are in it together.
8 Facts About Me:
1. I have had a camera in my hand since I left school to work in a music studio at the age of 15. I started in the caves of Edinburgh photographing live gigs and progressed to commercial jobs for an events company in Glasgow. I moved to London in 2011 and started a new journey as a wedding photographer in the same year.
2. I have a 6 year old son, Jesse. Being a parent isn’t something that comes easily to me, but it’s also taught me so much more about myself and about life that I am grateful for each day.
3. I love inhaling new information and constantly listen to podcasts or watch YouTube videos about subjects covering so many different genres. My favourite includes Joe Rogan, Heavy Mental, Creative Rebels + Jai Long.
4. I don’t only photograph in Warwickshire. Want proof? Check out Cotswolds weddings, Birmingham + Solihull weddings, Gloucestershire weddings, Oxfordshire weddings, London weddings, Scottish weddings, Welsh weddings and destination weddings.
5. I’m slightly obsessed with fitness and being the best version of myself for the purpose of challenge and growth. I currently do weight-training 3 times per week and one HIIT/cardio session. I train at PureGym in Coventry.
6. My last supper would be a crab salad, macaroni cheese and apple crumble + custard.
7. My favourite books are Geek Love by Katharine Dunn, Mad Bad and Dangerous to Know by Ran Fiennes and The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.
8. Some of my favourite photography-related memories are photographing Hans Zimmer’s 60th birthday at Soho Farmhouse, capturing an elopement at City Hall and a Brooklyn rooftop in New York, working alongside Sabrina Ghayour (chef and author) at Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen restaurant and getting drenched from torrential rain on top of the Four Seasons in the Seychelles.